Building 870 - AAR / Mk32 Pod Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building 870 - AAR / Mk32 Pod Bay

I am currently on 24 Squadron and have been heavily involved with the redevelopment of the former AAR maintenance bay, building 870 into a teaching facility. I was wondering if anyone knows the history of the building, specifically when it was built. On Tens, I always knew it as the Pod Bay, but was it always the Pod Bay or was it built for another purpose? Now being a bland, white-walled office/classroom facility, I thought it might be a nice touch to have something marking its historic contribution to one of Brize's main roles. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Originally posted by SilentSwiftSuperb View Post
    I am currently on 24 Squadron and have been heavily involved with the redevelopment of the former AAR maintenance bay, building 870 into a teaching facility. I was wondering if anyone knows the history of the building, specifically when it was built. On Tens, I always knew it as the Pod Bay, but was it always the Pod Bay or was it built for another purpose? Now being a bland, white-walled office/classroom facility, I thought it might be a nice touch to have something marking its historic contribution to one of Brize's main roles. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
    Was the Pod Bay when i started at Brize (for the first time) in 92
    Never give up bein a rigger to work behind a desk!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X