Announcement

Collapse

SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND E-GOAT DOWNTIME

E-Goat will be go down occasionally for more upgrades and updates.

There's still a lot to do but we have taken the leap and going for Goat!
See more
See less

Roll Call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Call

I know there are a fair few people at Brampton that use the goat and quite a lot that just view it.

So you lot that are members come and put your names on the roll call list and those who just watch, come and join in!
    The Meek may inherit the earth, just keep them off the Rugby Pitch.

I got posted to Brampton...

I was there as an LAC / SAC Plotter 1990-92, then as a Sneck from 2000-2002. It was a festering poophole....hated every minute of my time there......
    Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.

Comment

Was there 97 - 2001 and then 2002 - 2004 not the best of posts for a ground lecky but very cushy, too many civil servants who still thought they were in the mob.
      sigpic
      NO MANPOWER = NO GROUND POWER
      GEF THE CAN DO SECTION.

Comment

I'm here now...is anyone else??

Comment

Roll Call

Managed a whole 3 weeks there towards the end of 2003, before my team moved to High Wycombe...
          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana (Groucho Marx)

Comment

Im here at the minute too, posted at Christmas though.

Viva Las Vegas baby!!!!

Comment

Left in Feb this year - really enjoyed good job for a Techie and cheap beer in Fountains

Comment

Was there in 1979, 84-86, 91-92 and 98-01.
                Interesting gate guard, though one of the machines from the big J would be more appropriate.

Comment

o/c Hallam

Anyone who was around during Mr Hallam's reign?

Seems like he screwed up big time in St Helena

Comment

MT section 85-87 door slammer extraordinaire!
                    Patriotism is your conviction that this
                    country is superior to all other countries
                    because you were born in it.

George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Got dragged in kicking and screaming on the Op GRANBY run up. Couldn't wait to get out of the gud'am place. Far too many Civil Serpant tossers for one thing.
                      The only good thing was a very nicely constructed WRN Lt Cdr who used to wear Mk1 Webbing to keep her socks up, nudge nudge wink!!!!!!
                      Livn' the dream & luvin' every minute

Comment

Living the dream in the big 'J' since 2008....

Comment

1977-79 in JARIC as a plotter. **** tour working for Capt Terry Hagan (Int Corps) who was a consummate idiot. HIGHLIGHT: Streaking through the WRAF block and many others.
                          1983-85 As an SAC Plotter then Cpl PI. Arrested for being drunk in the Rugby Club (well, where else...) and ceremonially booted out of the back end of JARIC! HIGHLIGHT: Met Mrs V in the Rugby Club... and after a long courtship married in 2001.
                          Various courses in Big J between then and retirement in 2004 (when I had my leaving do in BPOM).
                          Great camp, crap work, excellent area. But, I must say that I met some of the nicest and most loyal friends I could ever have hoped to meet at Brampton, many of whom are still friends today.

Comment

Here/there right now

Used to visit mates here in the 90's. Was removed from Fountains Club one particular evening after showering people with broken glass after a slight drumstick mishap. Anyway, was advised to avoid the place at all costs by the cluster of SNCO's at Marham in the mid-90's. I did just that, 17 years of dodging about and not really using any of the 'formal' training that we get in this trade. Bit of a shock once I was sucked into the vortex via the bubble. Feel that I may have avoided it a bit too long and now have to catch-up on the new breed of super-plotter that have been cloned to make us old-school duffers look daft. This place is choca with geeks and uniques both young and old. More comments please

Comment

I was there in '76 and watched HQ Training Command burn down. Returned in 84 to JARIC..I had the block and room nearest to the rugby club (very handy)...... too handy if I was to be honest.
                              Many happy nights in "The Drag"...Only downside was a ehh hum short detachment to RDC Wyton (I did say that damn rugby club was too handy) oh and the job was crap.
                              "Transported for life to the colonies, and for what? Scum I was to that beak, nothing but scum. 'Tis for my accent and my situation that I am condemned. 'Tis for the want of better graces and the influence they bring that I am to board this prison hulk".

"......and for all them murders you done"

Comment

Working...
                              X