Ice Station Kilo gets the CHOP!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Station Kilo gets the CHOP!!!!!!

Word round my neck of the woods is that Kinloss is due to close a lot sooner than the 2012 date given to placate the local politicians. Anyone else care to comment on the 2008/9 dates I have seen.

Asda (or Tesco's .. cant remember) are gonna be gutted .. they have just built a massive supermarket in Forres .. the Gumpies are going to be pi**ed off !!

Forres Gumpie .. a dimwitted local who lives near Kinloss.

Comment

And the reasons to keep it open are..............?

Comment

And the reasons to keep it open are..............?
        To prop up the local economy and please the trade unions of course.
        "There's no time for tea breaks and no room for passengers, this is hot refuelling."

Comment

Its a good camp (or was) .. but with most of the blokes coming from south of the border its not the most popular. Best tour I had as the social life was outstanding .. still speak to some lads who are there and its not as good now from what Ive heard but there you go ..

Or is it part of Blairs big plan to have everything based south of Edinburgh ??

Comment

If Ice Station Kilo Goes?

If Ice station Kilo goes that'd be bad for Tropical paradise Lima just down the road. Who would they be jealous of then? I mean that'd put their SNCO's mess as the 2nd best in Scotland and Leuch would be the next to last best mess
            sigpic

Always read the small print. It usually starts "Your attestation date is....."

Comment

um er ........

It would make sense that it is closed especially after the many millions being spent on new buildings etc, you cant just close a base without throwing money down the drain !

Comment

Working...
              X