Announcement

Collapse

SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND E-GOAT DOWNTIME

E-Goat will be go down occasionally for more upgrades and updates.

There's still a lot to do but we have taken the leap and going for Goat!
See more
See less

What trades can do airborne training?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What trades can do airborne training?

I am currently applying to the RAF as a Firefighter and was wondering what trades can do airborne training and if so, what courses have to be completed first? Do you have to be attached to II squadron to do it? As I am aware this won't happen as a firefighter.

Any help would be great.

Andy

I assume you mean parachute training?
    sigpic

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Comment

i knew of a fmn who had done a tour on 2,in the 80s why and what for i have no idea

Comment

You used to be able to do sport parachute training...Is this still the case?

I got my pal in the med centre to ensure I made the weight limit for the course no matter what...this plan worked but it was noticeable that in a stick of 6 and being the last person out I was generally the first person on the ground and with a crushing 'Umpth!'
        sigpic

The Goat lives because you post interesting stuff...stop doing that and it will die...so show us your stuff!!

Comment

Last I saw, anyone can apply for P Company. Wether you'll be selected for a course....well that is not something I can help with.

Comment

Originally posted by techie_tubby View Post
            Last I saw, anyone can apply for P Company. Wether you'll be selected for a course....well that is not something I can help with.
            Same as all arms trg open to anyone, however you do not need either for para wings trg. Lots of trades have a small para cadre who have gone straight to Brize for jumps training.

Comment

I know of a couple of fellow RAF Armourers who did para training when they were on 2Sqn (?) RAF Regt because it was a requirement.

http://www.blood.co.uk/platelets/images/pods/stand-up-3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by spike7451 View Post
                I know of a couple of fellow RAF Armourers who did para training when they were on 2Sqn (?) RAF Regt because it was a requirement.
                Yeah, me too....
                It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure some of the spackers on TSW are para trained too....?
                  It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

sigpic

Comment

Some of the Air Traffic controllers and assistants on TacATC were para trained. I'm not sure if that's still the case though.

Comment

Yes they are, as they work directly with the Paras.

Lets get it into context though.. There may be a few here or there, but they are the exception rather than the rule.
                      sigpic

Comment

In all honesty I would forget the 'Airbourne' side of things and instead, try to get into sports parachuting. There are plenty of courses going and if you are half decent at it you can be getting onto freefall in a couple of weeks.

Loads of opportunities; RAF team, trips to the States. Plus freefall kicks the arse out of static line!

Comment

You can apply for airborne or commando training however there is very little in the way ofcourses and they serif very high demand. Preference obviously going to those in airborne/commando slots orworking with them. But put you chit in for it (search for them through the DIN database). Pass the prerequisites for the courses and away you go. Beware tho you'll have to work your arrse off for all arms tho and the pre requisites are the minimum standard to meet. If I remember correctly there's no pre requisites for airborne as an ancillery you just rock up (unlike rockapes prepara selection)
                          World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and whiskeyand had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.The end

Comment

Working...
                          X