Announcement

Collapse

SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND E-GOAT DOWNTIME

E-Goat will be go down occasionally for more upgrades and updates.

There's still a lot to do but we have taken the leap and going for Goat!
See more
See less

E-Goat Folding Team - Using their PCs spare capacity to find medical cures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The FOMz View Post
    This is where we are at the moment

What here ?

The Folding@Home stats system is performing an update. Please try back later.

Crack on...........
    We all die eventually, some of us look forward to it more than most.

The RAF's future is OFFSHORE......BE the best.....Join the rest !!

Some of my Photographs : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tashyman/

Comment

No, Here

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The FOMz View Post
        This is where we are at the moment

Fcuk me Tashy_Man! 4 Units already, how far have you clocked your 3200 for that?

The home PC (A64 3700 1 gig ram) is on for at least 4 hours a day and I've only managed 35% of my first one in 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by TrenchardsLoveSock View Post
          Fcuk me Tashy_Man! 4 Units already, how far have you clocked your 3200 for that?

The home PC (A64 3700 1 gig ram) is on for at least 4 hours a day and I've only managed 35% of my first one in 3 days.
          Not overclocked this CPU at all (the kids comp has an Athlon 2800 overclocked to 3200).....you hit the nail on the head though...TIME......the main comp (which is running folding@home) is on 24 hours a day....found i have less problems with it if left on constantly rather than shutting down everyday.

Fold on .......

Comment

TLS, Thanks for the FoldingFromTray link... turns out it kept crashing because the no nonsense version was running as a service, and I told it to launch the thing at startup.... hence it went wibble and crashed!!!

Nevermind, lost 3 days and 1 WU entirely, but at 29% now for this one

Comment

Just joined the e-goat folding team, downloaded and installed it and it says the first WU is going to be finished on 06 Jul 07!???

Is this right? Seems a while off with my AMD Athlon XP 2100+ and 1.21GB of RAM does it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Edzar View Post
                Just joined the e-goat folding team, downloaded and installed it and it says the first WU is going to be finished on 06 Jul 07!???

Is this right? Seems a while off with my AMD Athlon XP 2100+ and 1.21GB of RAM does it not?
                Ed...right click and go to configure....then go Advanced...then put CPU slider all the way to the right.......

Doesn't affect anything i do here but the units do rattle through when the computer is not in use.....

Fold on.........

Comment

Originally posted by Tashy_Man View Post
                  Ed...right click and go to configure....then go Advanced...then put CPU slider all the way to the right.......

Doesn't affect anything i do here but the units do rattle through when the computer is not in use.....

Fold on.........
                  Thanks Tashy, it says 28 March now!!!!

(I was being a cheap-skate by moving that slider off the top to around 80% before the program started running!)

Sorted!

Comment

Come on guys the results of ruuning an e-goat fold are potentially immense - imagine a Scec that doesn't smell of p1ss/vinegar/degestive biscuits 44
                    sigpic

Comment

well ive done my bit to help the old snecs, no longer shall they suffer the indignity of a colostomy bag and matron tucking them in at night

Comment

Originally posted by pie sandwich View Post
                        well ive done my bit to help the old snecs, no longer shall they suffer the indignity of a colostomy bag and matron tucking them in at night
                        It's not actually an indignity for some of us so much as a lifestyle choice

Comment

Fixed my broken Athlon on Sunday, so I'll be joining the folding team this weekend

Bl00dy Microsoft and their bl00dy updates

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
                          Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
                          If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !

Comment

Originally posted by TrenchardsLoveSock View Post
                            It's not actually an indignity for some of us so much as a lifestyle choice
                            the last prson who talked about life style choices was S2 when he said he wanted to be a gayer

Comment

Customised folding stats are available to add to signatures by clicking here and registering for a free account.

Comment

Just joined in, 1st unit working.
                                Scaley_brat

Go team

It is, I firmly believe, completely impossible to be both equal AND diverse!
                                Life is too short to worry what people who don't matter think of you - My cousin (RIP)
                                If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an ar$e !

Comment

Working...
                                X