Announcement

Collapse

SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND E-GOAT DOWNTIME

E-Goat will be go down occasionally for more upgrades and updates.

There's still a lot to do but we have taken the leap and going for Goat!
See more
See less

The BMA and Foreigners using the NHS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by busby1971 View Post
    As has been, as it always will be, hope you’re not thinking about getting old.

    What’s your solution?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It’s all very simple. Watch the film ‘Logan’s Run’. Everyone gets to live until the ripe old age of 30 and then off to the renewal chamber they go. No more horrible pensioners stealing valuable NHS money from the young.
    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is; it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong', Richard Feynman.

    'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason', Mark Twain.

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by ninjarabbi View Post
      It’s all very simple. Watch the film ‘Logan’s Run’. Everyone gets to live until the ripe old age of 30 and then off to the renewal chamber they go. No more horrible pensioners stealing valuable NHS money from the young.
      Or better still Soylent Green. Off to the Suicide Palace to help society food shortage. Erm Soylent Red with odd green bits.

      Comment


        #93
        #"Talkin' 'bout my generation.....hope I die, before I get old"#......

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by muttywhitedog View Post
          In 2015 the amount spent by the NHS on the over 65s was over 40% of the budget. Over 65s represented 18% of the population.

          Or put another way, over 40% of the entire budget was swallowed up on 18% of the people eligible for treatment.

          I would imagine the figures are even higher now.
          So given that, can I assume that you will place no demands on the NHS once you've retired, despite a working lifetime of NI contributions? That you would have no qualms about individuals from other countries worldwide obtaining free treatment on the NHS that said contributions have paid for?
          Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.


          Comment


            #95
            I'm not the one bitching about folk using the NHS whom they deem not entitled.

            I re-refer you to the 2nd paragraph of post #71 for whom I believe should be treated by the NHS.

            Comment


              #96
              Is this what we've come to now.

              https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-48907130



              I'm a citizen not a subject
              if you don't believe in something then you'll fall for anything
              "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by justintime129 View Post
                Is this what we've come to now.

                https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-48907130



                I'm a citizen not a subject
                if you don't believe in something then you'll fall for anything
                Shouldn’t be like that, however, just because the NHS is incompetent at claiming money back and appears to be totally insensitive at times, doesn’t mean we should give up charging fees where practicable and reasonable.

                There’s no point chasing the family of a destitute dead illegal immigrant, but there will be in many other cases.


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

                E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years



                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by muttywhitedog View Post
                  I'm not the one bitching about folk using the NHS whom they deem not entitled.

                  I re-refer you to the 2nd paragraph of post #71 for whom I believe should be treated by the NHS.
                  No, but you did say pensioners contribute SFA to the NHS. So given that you will soon be a pensioner yourself, can I assume that given your own definition of who should be entitled to care, you will not place any demands on the health service once you have retired?
                  Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.


                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Kryten View Post
                    No, but you did say pensioners contribute SFA to the NHS. So given that you will soon be a pensioner yourself, can I assume that given your own definition of who should be entitled to care, you will not place any demands on the health service once you have retired?
                    Where Didi say pensioners contribute SFA

                    I'm a citizen not a subject
                    if you don't believe in something then you'll fall for anything
                    "The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

                    Comment


                      You didn't - I did.

                      Seeing as 40% of the health spending goes on 18% of the population (the over 65s at the time of the study), it doesn't take the brains of a genius to work out that the amount put into by the pensioners wont cover the amount spent on them.

                      Rather like Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Romania's contributions vs benefits to the EU Budget, OAPs are net beneficiaries.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by muttywhitedog View Post
                        You didn't - I did.

                        Seeing as 40% of the health spending goes on 18% of the population (the over 65s at the time of the study), it doesn't take the brains of a genius to work out that the amount put into by the pensioners wont cover the amount spent on them.

                        Rather like Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Romania's contributions vs benefits to the EU Budget, OAPs are net beneficiaries.
                        So I take it then you won't be using the NHS when you retire then? As a self proclaimed net beneficiary that is?
                        Kryten Personal Black Box Recording. Time: unknown. Location: unknown. Cause of accident: unknown. Perhaps if someone finds this recording it will shed light as to what happened here. My short-term memory appears to have been erased.This I ascribe to the proximity of the magnetic coils from Starbug's rear engine. (He looks around briefly) Secondly, due to the proximity of the magnetic coils, my short-term memory appears to have been erased.


                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Kryten View Post
                          So I take it then you won't be using the NHS when you retire then? As a self proclaimed net beneficiary that is?
                          40% of society is paying for 60%


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

                          E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years



                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X