Bristow announces potential bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briggfairy View Post
    well given that Eastern airways own humberside airport I'm a little bit concerned about the future of the place, mind you as BAE have an academy there it may stay partially open
    Eastern have been dumping people very recently. But they like Bristows are in poo street. Bristows own Humberside BTW, Lakey sold all his shares a couple of years ago but is on the board of Bristows Europe I think. The ABZ station manager and one of the supervisors got booted (for economics ) and jumped across the road.

Comment

Originally posted by I Look Like Kevin Costner View Post
      Eastern have been dumping people very recently. But they like Bristows are in poo street. Bristows own Humberside BTW, Lakey sold all his shares a couple of years ago but is on the board of Bristows Europe I think. The ABZ station manager and one of the supervisors got booted (for economics ) and jumped across the road.
      ILLKC is spot on, Bristows own HUY and Yup LOX pot 'ed is on the board at Bristows. Do you know the names of ABZ Stn Mgr ILLKC? (big tall scot initial C?) They're going to be very experienced guys and they're just going to work for BHL' competitors, so sounds like another panic decision. Things look bleak to say the least. Looks like UK SAR is one of the few things keeping them afloat

Comment

Not the chopper manager mate. I only know fixed wing Eastern boys, bar Trev the QAM.. Ex Jag Billy lad. The Guys I refer to ended at Yogie..

Comment

BHL have asked for another extension

https://www.helis.com/database/news/...lts-2018-delay

Comment

"Looks like UK SAR is one of the few things keeping them afloat "

I remember a few "what if the civvy company goes under?" type conversations in the lead up to RAF SAR going civvy. Seemed to be one of those subjects that no-one wanted to discuss in any depth and now here we are facing the very prospect of it happening. Best we start dusting off all those old Sea King airframes... well, the ones that haven't been converted into cafes and glamping pods!

sigpic

No longer a Holder of The Shilling.
            "I have... seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

Comment

Originally posted by Teh Wal View Post

I remember a few "what if the civvy company goes under?" type conversations in the lead up to RAF SAR going civvy. Seemed to be one of those subjects that no-one wanted to discuss in any depth and now here we are facing the very prospect of it happening. Best we start dusting off all those old Sea King airframes... well, the ones that haven't been converted into cafes and glamping pods!
              And scrape the asbestos off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Teh Wal View Post

I remember a few "what if the civvy company goes under?" type conversations in the lead up to RAF SAR going civvy. Seemed to be one of those subjects that no-one wanted to discuss in any depth and now here we are facing the very prospect of it happening.
                Best we start dusting off all those old Sea King airframes... well, the ones that haven't been converted into cafes and glamping pods!
                The venerable SK will be a non-starter. I'm sure Bristow will sort out their books before too long.

CHC did bid for the UK SAR contract (they entered Chpt 11 2-3 yrs ago) but the contract was awarded to BHL - so the sharks will be circling, its a murky world.

BHL had their fingers burnt in the 80's when they provided SAR in the Scottish islands (and Lee-on-Solent) for several years but they leased the aircraft and Hangars, and then the government of the time re-tendered the contract and awarded the contract to a competitor (CHC)

Bristows learned their lesson and (AFAIK) own the current SAR aircraft and the Hangars, so if they do go under the UK will have no SAR until a buyer comes in.
                Last edited by Keyser Söze; 08-05-2019, 20:23.

Comment

Yup, even if they could get the old Queenies airworthy again there's no aircrew around who would be suitably qualified (front and rear crew) nor anyone around to actually train the crews anyway - so, a total none starter.

sigpic

No longer a Holder of The Shilling.
                  "I have... seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

Comment

Bristow $2Billion debt

Its happened Bristow enter Chapter 11 Bankruptcy with $2Billion debt

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...JiyjHCfYVFB5as

Comment

And Lakey has brought Eastern back for pennies i bet. However i reckon his competition is going to smash him in the long run. Reputation is everything.

Comment

YUP, Lox Pot Head, has bought Eastern back for a quid (the day before BHL declare bankruptcy) AND he also get a £17.1 million 'liquidity' float. Lakey sold Eastern for £27 million a few years back. I need to hold my nose

Comment

Oriental industiral holdings Ltd. Only been in existance for 2 weeks.
                          Last edited by I Look Like Kevin Costner; 15-05-2019, 14:39.

Comment

Bristow CEO J Bayliss 'stepped down' a few months ago (Mar 2019) and BHL appointed Don Miller formerly of ENRON - The 'ENRON DON' obviously reputation precedes

Comment

Lakey back. People shafted by him are ice cold. Reputation is everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X