Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Minister Orders Investigation Into Why Thousands Are Leaving Military

https://www.forces.net/news/military...9GcQE.facebook

Where to begin....Perhaps if they read the Goat, Aaarse and most likely Rum Ration it would give them an idea without spending X-loads on research grants like that on wine and beer mixed causing hangovers.

As for the BArmy....Bullying, incompetence, toxic atmosphere and not playing well with others all the while hanging onto a Regimental cap-badge and belt colour of some past Napoleonic glory days. Need I say more.....
    "We are all one big happy F'ing family". Bad guy Deacon Frost in Blade talking about TG4 amalgamation!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rugby-Jock-Lad View Post
      Where to begin....Perhaps if they read the Goat, Aaarse and most likely Rum Ration it would give them an idea without spending X-loads on research grants like that on wine and beer mixed causing hangovers.

As for the BArmy....Bullying, incompetence, toxic atmosphere and not playing well with others all the while hanging onto a Regimental cap-badge and belt colour of some past Napoleonic glory days. Need I say more.....
      Serioulsy.. Remember IDS, Holloway and others in the Tory party served in the Barmy. Short service comissions to get the tick in the box. I met Holloway at Conz when the armed focres select committee came around. We were being ripped off by JPA and they were robbing the country blind on their gravy train.

Comment

Why bother? There is no money to fix anything....
        It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Downsizer View Post
          Why bother? There is no money to fix anything....
          makes one wonder where all the money saved by 8yrs of austerity has gone doesn,t it

Comment

Whoever is responsible for this survey needs to ask those who have left before their engagement has expired, rather than survey senior officers or, (with all due respect), the likes of Downsizer, Adey and Dan Brown, who are still serving and wont be PVR'ing.

For me, the trigger point was the lack of career management and employee engagement by my career manager, who reneged on a long-standing agreement I had with my previous CM to take an unpopular OOA straight after my degree finished with no reserve liability, and didn't even see his shafting of me as an issue. To be told "that was a deal with her, not me", showed a complete lack of respect for the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by muttywhitedog View Post
              Whoever is responsible for this survey needs to ask those who have left before their engagement has expired, rather than survey senior officers or, (with all due respect), the likes of Downsizer, Adey and Dan Brown, who are still serving and wont be PVR'ing.

For me, the trigger point was the lack of career management and employee engagement by my career manager, who reneged on a long-standing agreement I had with my previous CM to take an unpopular OOA straight after my degree finished with no reserve liability, and didn't even see his shafting of me as an issue. To be told "that was a deal with her, not me", showed a complete lack of respect for the individual.
              I'm in my final 5 years. Living at home and in a role i am hoping i will carry out in the real world. The new section is also giving me a team and training (RAF and Civvy quals) - that is the only reason i am staying.

Since Nov 18, Manning have also offered me my crown 3 times, 1 x at my current unit, one would be commuting and the other would be living in the Mess. I have said no to all, simply due to the reasons mentioned above.

I am still pro-RAF (atm) but it is plainly obvious that morale is very low and the workload is continually increasing with less manpower. We are also hemorrhaging money we do not have on outsourcing projects we are quite capable of doing ourselves and already paying people for - Recruiting (Crapita, i'm looking at you!), JPA creation/maintaining etc.

It is simply not sustainable and i can see another round of redundancies as the answer to the empty coffers pot instead of addressing the real issues.

Comment

It's a complex issue but I think the largest factor is the pension.

If I didn't have a guaranteed (although only 16 years worth instead of the 22 I signed up for, cheers AFPS 15) monthly payment I'd have bailed out long ago. No one has that pot and the end of the rainbow anymore, or won't soon.

The year long PVR waiting times may have actually slowed down ET rates due to the uncertainty of Brexit but come April when it has happened (maybe) and the future is a bit clearer I reckon a lot more ETs will be going in.

Be interesting to see....

Comment

They know why people leave, the same as any other employer, with a few extras on top, they know why people don’t join, different to any other employer.

People were moaning when I joined and were probably doing so long before that, treat those you’ve got with respect and you’ll hang onto them a little bit longer, not everyone will stay forever, so you shouldn’t expect them to.

Time wasting exercise so they can bring about further cuts and more jointry, and by jointry I mean army run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Life begins at 40, with a nice payout and job to find

E-Goat totally unofficial for about 10 Years

Comment

4 years out as of tomorrow and I could foresee it was never going to get any better. At my out, my scaled section of 7 were running 4 at best but never any thanks for our 'flexibility' in ensuring things got done.. AFPS 15 was probably the biggest boot in the balls though with the removal of an IP. Happily getting my 75 pension monthly but I do feel for the guys and gals still in getting, as normal, the sihtty end of the stick.
                    sigpic
                    One Round, One Kill

Comment

For the past 30 years there has been a general degeneration and degradation of service life (I left in 1999 suffering the same sort of crap as today).
                      The removal of free medical care and prescriptions for service personnel and families; the transfer of pensions from RPI to CPI; the reduction of pension payments til aged 60+; Privatisation of service housing to a disreputable and profiteering mob; the pursuit of (retired) servicemen for 40 year old actions = the loss of required service action protection: the removal of proper pay for proper jobs; changing ranks for cheaper costs...and the list goes on.
                      Grow a set Teresa!
                      ...looked alright to me!

Comment

I joined in '85 primarily due to a lack of employment opportunities at a local level. The RAF were organised and got me in fairly quickly. I also applied to other employers who seemed to take ages with their various selection processes.

The good bits - I travelled widely on various sqns was posted to RAFG (twice) and fortunately extended and I had a smile on my face the sqns were a great laugh working hard and playing hard. The overall T&Cs were fair, reasonable wages and other benefits.

The not so good bits: - In around 2000 things began to change for the worse. JPA. Trades re-banding. salary not keeping pace with civil equivalence. I became more aware of a lack of quality of snr leadership - possibly a coincidence with me getting promoted and seeing these guys first hand - too many of whom were solely motivated by their own promotion, off the back of the swarfega smelling oiks.

The bad bits: - Around 2010 for me and I'd reached the end of the line, (I was at Conz) and was effectively treated like a civilian without any of their benefits, and was sick of hearing about how other TG's were doing so well, getting extra wage increases.

The dude at PMA did nt like my suggestion of a posting request -
                        Him " You've recently completed a Typhoon Q and the RAF need to get a return on that investment.
                        Me - the Q you refer to was 5 years ago you need to be aware that I'm gonna leave the RAF so bang goes any investment. ... after a short mexican stand-off, I pressed the buttons to freedom. Got a job immediately and have never looked back since. My salary is significantly better than that of the RAF I'm in control of what I do and dont do - There are still some feckin knob heads but I they dont impact me (touch wood).

I still stay in touch with my buddies who are still serving, and the same conversations are doing the rounds, except that things seem even worse - the RAF Engineering cadre is broken and it aint gonna get fixed anytime soon.

Shame on those snr officers who let this happen on their watch they're no better than the feckin idiot civil servants and MPs
                        Last edited by Keyser Söze; 11-02-2019, 00:41.

Comment

Clearly we need another war a good war, to get things moving in the Government departments. This will have the added benefit forcing sweepers to get issues under the carpet for another generation or two.

Comment

Originally posted by SAXAVORDIAN View Post
                            Clearly we need another war a good war, to get things moving in the Government departments. This will have the added benefit forcing sweepers to get issues under the carpet for another generation or two.
                            You're right, if there was another war then you could guarantee that the money needed to fix everything that's broken would magically appear. Too bad that, because of the ridiculous state we've gotten ourselves into with contracts etc, the war would probably be over (and we'd have lost) before anything actually got fixed.

If we went to war now, then the Govt would collectively sh!t its pants. The military is in no fit state to fight a conventional war - these days it's all about long distance missiles, it's highly unlikely to be a 'boots on the ground' job, so that's the Army effectively redundant (again...), the RAF don't have the capability do defend the country from the air because we've no experience in anything other than CAS and bombing runs in the last 10 years, and the RN don't have enough ships to match another country's navy, nor manpower to get them afloat.

If we're lucky, the next war will be digital. We're way behind many countries with regard to cyber, but at least that sort of war would result in less loss of life.

Comment

Good luck with this one. They really have no idea

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...t-russia-china
                              sigpic
                              One Round, One Kill

Comment

Working...
                              X