PDA

View Full Version : TacATC Action Man...

FOMz
08-05-2009, 14:37
Nails - just nails.

scaleywife
08-05-2009, 14:56
Where is his chinagraph and magnets?

shettie
08-05-2009, 15:12
Where is his chinagraph and magnets?

in his satchel - with the sandwiches and flask :) - Oh - and the p0rn mag for when he's all alone in the caravan... :)

SirSaltyHelmet
08-05-2009, 15:25
I will have $10 on the who buys the first one ... Shares the same zip code

FOMz
08-05-2009, 15:30
I'll see that $10 and raise you 10 more..... I know of a few just down the corridor from me who will also purchase one.....

Donald Rumsfeld
08-05-2009, 16:50
If it was a talking one(rather like my Action Man circa 25/12/1970) do you think it would moan and whinge about the cat board, ARTS course, quality of FOAs today ?

I'll get me coat !

techie_tubby
08-05-2009, 19:41
Please.....your all mistaken. TacATC man? It is obviously someone from 90SU. With the Donkey D1ck hanging out of his day sack, field phone in hand. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

FOMz
08-05-2009, 20:13
Same thing TT......

finger pulse - finger pulse.

FlyDubai
12-03-2011, 15:36
As a former Tac dude, the guy who made this got in contact with the Unit a few years ago. TT, could be 90SU, but it isn't, it is a Tac Controller!

Grease Monkey
12-03-2011, 19:34
A very good likeness although, like any toy, you dont get to appreciate the different spirit and mentality that the TAC blokes have. In the nicest way slight mad!

From a man who has spent some time with them in Afghan.......

amfortas
13-03-2011, 05:42
:)

I like it.

NotAnIDOYet
13-03-2011, 10:04
Same thing TT......

finger pulse - finger pulse.

Is it?

Thought they were badged as 1ACC nowadays?

FOMz
13-03-2011, 10:20
Once again.... Finger Pulse... Finger pulse....

Check the dates of the thread..

(Typical scopie - 2 years BEHIND the drag curve ;) )

NotAnIDOYet
13-03-2011, 13:20
Once again.... Finger Pulse... Finger pulse....

Check the dates of the thread..

(Typical scopie - 2 years BEHIND the drag curve ;) )

I was too busy reading the drivel you had posted to realise than somebody had necroposted again!

TAXI!

orgASMic
14-03-2011, 10:32
FOMz, IIRC TacATC were never part of 90SU. When TCW moved to Leeming to become part of 90SU and left them behind, TacATC became part of Herc Force HQ until being adopted by 1ACC last year.

'DFR' (Daycare For Retards!)
14-07-2011, 13:56
Tac ATC were part of TCW as a seperate unit within it. Today, the unit is Tac ATCU & still based at brize, but is now part of the Hercules Force HQ.
There was no point re-deploying the unit to Leeming or Lyneham, as the Hercules Force will soon be pitching up at BZN - brilliant unit Tac ATC - spent two very happy tours on it!!

tim

p.s. Love the figure! Mine are in deserts, mtp, and temperates!!

riggers
18-08-2011, 00:16
Tac ATC were part of TCW as a seperate unit within it. Today, the unit is Tac ATCU & still based at brize, but is now part of the Hercules Force HQ.
There was no point re-deploying the unit to Leeming or Lyneham, as the Hercules Force will soon be pitching up at BZN - brilliant unit Tac ATC - spent two very happy tours on it!!

tim

p.s. Love the figure! Mine are in deserts, mtp, and temperates!!

when were tac ATC part of twc, i was on the wing from 2000 -2002 and i can assure you Tac ATC where not a unit of ours, we had 2 field squadrons with 4 flights on each and the it squadron / help desk. Tac Atc where always a tactical unit in there own right

techie_tubby
18-08-2011, 01:19
I've been on since 07 and tac attack have never been part of TCW or 90SU that I remember.

Mad Pierre
18-08-2011, 01:30
Bunch of smallys :PDT_Xtremez_42:

In 1987 TacATC were the third Flight of Field Comm's Sqn, by size, after AMF and UKMF. Led by an ATC as opposed to EngO types they stood out as a bit odd but consisted mostly of TG11s and a couple of TG3s, just like the rest of the Sqn.

They were the first unit on the Wing to get DZ patches, consequently this made them ultra hard, so they got Bergens instead of 58 pattern rucksacks also Arctic hats, this came with a price though as they seemed to spend most of their time being fecked about on Salisbury Plain with a lot of really macho maroon machine types.

In 1988 there was a Sqn reorg. TacATC came under the umbrella of the newly formed Airhead Comm's Flight which stole most of the TG3s from all 3 flights. AMF and UKMF were reduced in numbers and left to concentrate chiefly on the Harrier force and Support Heli's respectively.

Get some in. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

techie_tubby
18-08-2011, 15:04

In 1987 TacATC were the third Flight of Field Comm's Sqn, by size, after AMF and UKMF. Led by an ATC as opposed to EngO types they stood out as a bit odd but consisted mostly of TG11s and a couple of TG3s, just like the rest of the Sqn.

2 years before I was born....:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Jaymac
18-08-2011, 15:59

They were the first unit on the Wing to get DZ patches, consequently this made them ultra hard, so they got Bergens instead of 58 pattern rucksacks also Arctic hats, this came with a price though as they seemed to spend most of their time being fecked about on Salisbury Plain with a lot of really macho maroon machine types.

In 1988 there was a Sqn reorg. TacATC came under the umbrella of the newly formed Airhead Comm's Flight which stole most of the TG3s from all 3 flights. AMF and UKMF were reduced in numbers and left to concentrate chiefly on the Harrier force and Support Heli's respectively.

Get some in. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

I was posted to ACF at the end of 1988. I got jiffed for the SWO's mob for the first 2 weeks then straight on to Brutus. Came back, had about a week on ACF and then on to UKMF with the legendary "Tadge".

We used to refer to ACF as hotel flight:PDT_Xtremez_14:.

Climebear
18-08-2011, 16:57

We also had para helmets so we were b*stard hard. ;)

Lots of time on the Plain - Keevel became a second home. With the odd trip north (West Freugh and Macrihanish for Purple Warrior, and Dishforth for yet another 'Lanyard' exercise).

The only ATC permanent staff were 2 flt lts with the unit borrowing an AATC from Brize Radar for deployments (a much younger climebear 86-88).

Happy days (apart from trying to get the landy that carried the tac flare path to go faster than 20mph uphill).

Jaymac
18-08-2011, 17:05
And you lot had a couple of motor bikes. Tw@ts:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Climebear
18-08-2011, 17:51
And you lot had a couple of motor bikes. Tw@ts:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Which we used to ride around airheads using NVGs and never ever crashed while giving lifts to the OC, honestly officer. It wasn't us it was the nasty airborne soldiers. ;)

Jaymac
18-08-2011, 18:44
Just like those nasty airborne types raided the booze store on the ferry:PDT_Xtremez_30:.

Climebear
18-08-2011, 19:09
It's a fair cop.

The airborne types were too busy fighting with the bootneck types.

I'm sure that the guys who had the special MOD Police reception, were only trying to break the boredom of Crypto Guard, Cabin (avoiding aforementioned fights), Crypto Guard...

That's bought back a few memories! Icelandic Ferry serving raw fish to bring us back from West Freugh to Marchwood military port. Just what you need after a 2 week NEO exercise comprising 2 weeks of rain.

Jaymac
18-08-2011, 21:49
If you look at the ex wing lads page on Facetube, the culprits have photos of all the bevvy they nicked, which shows people were dafties even before the digital age:PDT_Xtremez_30:.

Mad Pierre
19-08-2011, 00:31
If you look at the ex wing lads page on Facetube, the culprits have photos of all the bevvy they nicked, which shows people were dafties even before the digital age:PDT_Xtremez_30:.

Funnily enough they are friends of mine on facetube.
One of them is the only man I know to ever come out of Colchester fatter than he went in.

Ubique :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Mad Pierre
19-08-2011, 00:33
Ithe legendary "Tadge".

Roger Ramjet?

Climebear
19-08-2011, 06:20
IIRC 5 Airborne Brigade did do NBC much. I can only recall it briefly on one exercise. Which was a nice change from Station exercises, MINIVALS, and TACEVALS.

Jaymac
19-08-2011, 07:33
Roger Ramjet?

Correct in one. A character and a half.

Funnily enough they are friends of mine on facetube.
One of them is the only man I know to ever come out of Colchester fatter than he went in.

Ubique :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Tadger found out his nickname because of the large chap. It was after an excercise at Catterick in 1989 and we were having the post-ex pi$$ up. He started rabbiting on about something and kept referring to tadger who was stood 2 feet away. His face was a picture:PDT_Xtremez_30:.

Also, on that exercise, every fcuker got scabies:PDT_Xtremez_32:. The only good thing about that was walking into stores and swapping all your knackered kit. The storemen never even checked what we were handing back:PDT_Xtremez_14:.

27-08-2011, 23:45
....anyone remember t** e****, m***** l****, j*** n*** (before he had his brain removed at cranwell), flt lt d**** l*** (c*ck), flt lt d*** h*** (ex TA 10 para officer & a nutter) from Tac ATC ?

The DZ patch was re-introduced for use on 5 Bde exercises, and the pain of it was having to keep taking the bloody thing off when we weren't doing 5 Bde stuff! And the fact that it kept upsetting the station commander amongst others - lol!

Para helmets seemed to be a 'one size fits all' category! And as for the bergans, they certainly helped with more luggage space for a few tinnies - lol!

Yep, the TFP landy had seen better days, but the PAGL was a real pain in the arse to set up - 3 friggin days!!

tim

Climebear
28-08-2011, 08:42
....anyone remember t** e****, m***** l******, j*** n**** (before he had his brain removed at cranwell), flt lt d**** l****** (c*ck), flt lt d**** h**** (ex TA 10 para officer & a nutter) from Tac ATC ?

The DZ patch was re-introduced for use on 5 Bde exercises, and the pain of it was having to keep taking the bloody thing off when we weren't doing 5 Bde stuff! And the fact that it kept upsetting the station commander amongst others - lol!

Para helmets seemed to be a 'one size fits all' category! And as for the bergans, they certainly helped with more luggage space for a few tinnies - lol!

Yep, the TFP landy had seen better days, but the PAGL was a real pain in the arse to set up - 3 friggin days!!

tim

Flt Lts L***** and H**** were there when I started (after J*** N***). Flt Lt H**** was replaced by Flt Lt C***** shortly after. My last exercise (at Dishforth) was also Flt Lt L******** - the last I heard of him was when he was in charge of the fire school in Manston.

Mad Pierre
29-08-2011, 18:53
Tadger found out his nickname because of the large chap.

Also, on that exercise, every fcuker got scabies

Tadger was on my Brutus in 87, he and Flt Lt J**** turned a blind eye when I led a mutiny against our ineffective commander so we wouldn't come last. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Never forget seeing him in the hanger one day with a stunning black eye, apparently Bootnecks were enemy and didn't believe it when he shot them.

I remember the scabies outbreak, never hot bagged it after that, just in case.

Mad Pierre
29-08-2011, 18:57
the fact that it kept upsetting the station commander amongst others - lol!

Always found just wearing TCW rankslides did that most effectively.

:PDT_Xtremez_30:

01-09-2011, 10:16
Always found just wearing TCW rankslides did that most effectively. :PDT_Xtremez_30: ....that is so true! Probably a case of 'green' envy - lol! First time i rolled up onto the wing in blues, i was taken to 244 sigs sqn clothing store, and given lightweights, shirt, jumper, etc!Had some great times playing 'enemy' for the station too!!tim