Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Service complaint advice

Just after a little info from any of you legal eagles out there

can anyone stop a service complaint that has been put in because
    they do not agree with its content ?

if someone were to do that ... what might be the consequences be for them ... even
    shoukd the service complaint. It be upheld ... surely their action of stopping it going through
    must be an offence if some sort

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Hero View Post

if someone were to do that ... what might be the consequences be for them ... even
    shoukd the service complaint. It be upheld ... surely their action of stopping it going through

thanks in advance
    Is any coercion involved?

What level is the person at that is trying to stop the SC?

Does the SC directly or indirectly involve the person wanting to stop the complaint?

Why doesn't that person agree with the content?
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

thanks in advance
    I don't fully understand the issue, was it put in on someone's behalf or does the accused not agree with the accusers accusations? Or is someone further up the chain stopping it because they don't agree and aren't forwarding it?
    It is a good rule in life never to apologise. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.

4. Oc hr does not think it should be processed to some small degree they were involved in what the complaint is about

Oc hr does not think it should be processed to some small degree they were involved in what the complaint is about
    If that person is involved in the SC (even on the fringes / indirectly) he / she should not be involved in the process.
    It's not the man in the fight - it's the fight in the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Barch View Post
    If that person is involved in the SC (even on the fringes / indirectly) he / she should not be involved in the process.

Agreed - if they're involved (even in a small way) and they attempt to stop it being processed, you're well within your rights to go over their head to keep it going (usually means going to Harry Staish, or perhaps outside the Unit). If they do manage to halt it, I would expect them tol fare far worse on a second attempt at a higher level (you may want to point that out to them - indications of guilt, etc...)

7. What I really want to know is

if I put a service complaint it it goes to P1 .... can anybody intercede and stop it proceeding
    or does the service complaint system have protection built in that once it's started it needs to be proceeded through
    to its conclusion

9. Service Complaint

If its available to you try looking through JSP 831 that's for SC and redress or JSP 763. I'm no legal eagle but I'm sure only the complainant or CO can stop the process. There's info in JSP 831 about the SC ombudsman, its possible to go down that road if you think your flogging a dead horse.
    If it smells like poo, it probably is poo

10. Get yourself to see an A/EDA or EDA, there is normally a list of us on P1 page on MOSS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast