Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

linkedin veterans survey

I saw a link on facetube for a survey aimed at people who have left the RAF within the last 8 years with the questions focusing on what it would take to make you re-join, i.e returning at a higher rank for more money with less postings if you've gained useful qualifications since you've left.

The survey was produced by cranfield uni and look pretty pukka.

Just how much straw clutching is going on? have the powers that be realised that they've cocked up big style or is this a move to a long term strategy to essentially have uniformed civilians in certain roles?
    "can you go to the med centre and pick up some fallopian tubing?"

2. If it were possible to go back in as a divvy that might be a useful occupation for some ex-RAF techies. But I think they want people to go in as full-time reservists.
    I don't know much about FTRs, but having tasted (what i see as) the good life outside it would amaze me that people would want to go back into military servitude again...just my opinion.
    ...looked alright to me!

I totally agree, why anyone that has had a sniff of freedom and being able to tell someone to ram it would want to re-join is beyond me.

It would just be like moving onto a different job rather than being in the military, is that conducive to overseas operations?
    "can you go to the med centre and pick up some fallopian tubing?"

I'd rather chew off both my arms than rejoin.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

There is nothing they could offer me that would entice me back.... ever..

6. Wow, I meet ex Army blokes who claim to be one of the 650 blokes who seem to think they were on the Iranian embassy bancoly during the hostage situation back in the day. Are there any ex Techies who are actually proud of being in the RAF?

Quote Originally Posted by dessp2 View Post
    Wow, I meet ex Army blokes who claim to be one of the 650 blokes who seem to think they were on the Iranian embassy bancoly during the hostage situation back in the day. Are there any ex Techies who are actually proud of being in the RAF?
    It's not a case of not being proud of being in the aRaf.. it's a case of not wanting to go back.

I'm intensely proud of my RAF service and reflect warmly on those years but there is no way I would re-enlist. Offer me the chance to crank it up 2 ranks and put me on double money still wouldn't cut it. Those halcyon days have gone and the current creaking shell of the RAF I once knew attracts me not at all.
    Stents keeping things open 24/7

Men have status, boys are busy updating theirs

I too am very happy to have served, there were good times and bad. For me the RAF's downturn started around 1992 and never recovered. When I left last year it has just turned into a culture of retarded management speak, targets and the idiocy of diversity and making sure all the LGBTQI*** crap was covered. Would I go back.......no.
    Humanity; another reason I'm not allowed to carry a gun..........

10. Quote Originally Posted by FOMz View Post
    It's not a case of not being proud of being in the aRaf.. it's a case of not wanting to go back.
    Fair one Fomz, I must have read into it the wrong way. I am sure most techie types are now very successful on the outside as a direct result of the skill set they picked up whilst serving. In terms of going back in, I am aware that the RAF does seem to be faced with various challenges at the moment. I am very happy with my lot at the moment on the outside, but if mother RAF needed me I would be back in like a shot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast