Register

Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial Royal Air Force Rumour Network forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Exclamation Coningsby Married Quarters?

What are they like?

I currently work at Waddington and ended up in a quarter at Scampton which is a complete ball ache getting through Lincoln every day. I am now determined to get a house on camp, even if it means commuting from Scampton for a few months while I wait for a house (While claiming home to duty of course!..).

I have been offered a three bed at 'Castlefeilds' which I will have to move out of when a re-furbed house becomes available (Apparently lots of houses are being refurbed at the moment?). How long has it taken to get a house at the main site? Also is there any difference in the quality of house between the quaters at the main site and Castlefields? Are there any advantages to being at Castlefields? Any info'd be great as I don't want to be screwed by the DHE again...

katinthehat Guest
    Dont know if this is any help - but DONT go to castle fields. Its like Scampton. Half bought by civvies. Its just off the main road through Tattershall, as it in Tattershall as opposed to Coningsby.
    If you get the chance try the quarters at Bardney.... brand new houses with ensuites to master bedroom, in a small, friendly village, with a great school, a palygroup and wait for this..... FOUR pubs!! Though one is a lot friendlier than another lol

Have a look at this ......

http://www.chestnuthomes.co.uk/new-h...ot.asp?pid=334

The quarters on the main site at Con are ok.
    Depends what you want.

Last edited by katinthehat; 25-08-2006 at 19:20.

Castlefields is OK, but it's not the best site. You want to try for Main Site, or the other Tattershall MQs which is where I am. Yeah, OK it's next to Clinton Park (old airmen's quarters sold off to a housing association - Chavtown), but the houses we retained there are really good. Technically, they are all officers' MQs, but my street and the next are all occupied by us scum.

Slap bang in the middle of Tattershall and Coningsby villages you have your choice of chippies, Co-op/Somerfield, nice pubs, and so on.

Decide which you would prefer and then nag DE until they're so sick of you that you get what you want. Hey, it worked for me - they were going to stick me in Digby - urrgh!

Bored@work Guest
    Some people end up at Cranwell as there aren't enough at Coningsby. Castlefields is a hole though, avoid if you can.

The Masked Geek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored@work View Post
    Castlefields is a hole though, avoid if you can.
    Hole is a little to weak a term. Then there's the civvy scum that live in the 5hitpiles that got sold off after a rudimentary lick of paint (They could obviously afford to do up the quaters they were selling whilst leaving the rest of u in squallor) that spend their time revving their massive exhausted Saxo's, checking people's cars for twokkability and, recently, robbing people's houses*.

If the little fcukstick that's been doing over quaters gets caught in my pad, he's not gonna be on the rob any more. Mr Katana will see to that.

*Can't prove it's them but here's usually no bother on the all forces patches I've been on.

mcdoodle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by katinthehat View Post
    Dont know if this is any help - but DONT go to castle fields. Its like Scampton. Half bought by civvies. Its just off the main road through Tattershall, as it in Tattershall as opposed to Coningsby.
    If you get the chance try the quarters at Bardney.... brand new houses with ensuites to master bedroom, in a small, friendly village, with a great school, a palygroup and wait for this..... FOUR pubs!! Though one is a lot friendlier than another lol

Have a look at this ......

http://www.chestnuthomes.co.uk/new-h...ot.asp?pid=334

The quarters on the main site at Con are ok.
    Depends what you want.

I have heard that the leased quarters in Bardney are falling apart already! Although Bardney appears to be the centre of Lincoln****e(no spelling mistake), theres signs for it everywhere.
    And I thought the Castlefields quarters were getting 'done up', at least thats what they said 2 years ago

mumof4 Guest
    we are due there in March and still no quarter allocated..have been told that there is no 4 beds available anywhere!..and no date yet for when one will be available..i have been on the phone practically every day and get told the same thing..i am due up there on the 1st feb to look at the schools and believe me..i will be camped sumwhere to get a bloody quarter!!

Kat and mcdoodle, i have asked about the places you mentioned..only to be to told that there are none available and there are no 4 bed ex officers quarters being allocated !

What ages are your kids? Mine are 7 and 5; they go to St. Michael's and they love it there.

mumof4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue Jack View Post
    What ages are your kids? Mine are 7 and 5; they go to St. Michael's and they love it there.

9....will be 8...and 5...also a 3 yr old.

i have an appointment on the 1st feb with the headmaster at St.Michaels..hopefully will get the 3 eldest into the same school.!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_garfield View Post
    are any of the quarters behind the wire at coningsby?
    No, they are all off camp
    PVR'd (Again)!

Armerra

Yes, my grammar probably isnít the best, but you donít need to make a post about itÖ.